Sunday, January 30, 2011

Red Carpet, anyone?


It's the SAG awards and as y'all know, I love nothing more than lying on the sofa and watching awful interviews, pretty dresses, and attractive people. I haven't seen half of the movies or tv series, but I'm hoping to at least watch half of the nominated films by the Oscars. We've seen The Town, and Inception and I thought they were both good. I don't think I'll see Black Swan, and I'm already tired of hearing Miss Short Arms talk about her future child. If we ever get a babysitter, perhaps I'll see The King's Speech. What movies have y'all seen?


Any recommendations?

2 comments:

  1. I wholeheartedly concur with your thoughts on Ms. Portman.
    My celebrity list has undergone many changes recently - it needed a revamp. While Christian Bale cropped precipitously in the rankings, Marky-Mark ascended fast, and therefore I took myself to see The Fighter over the holidays - great movie! And O and I took my mom to see 127 Hours last weekend - loved it! I laughed, I cried, I felt queasy.
    I will babysit so you and Scott can go to the movies! Just drop him in a basket on the doorstep any night... we're home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're just about to drop a fresh blog on y'all, but I couldn't resist the temptation to drop in on this discussion for just a sec. Michal agrees that Natalie "T-Rex" Portman's acceptance speech at the 'Globes was a little tacky--you can take the girl out of Long Island, but you can't take the Long Island out of the girl, right? Right? On the movie front, we're actually kind of back in business after a long hiatus. We saw the Black Swan, which I liked better than Michal did--a little too much gorror for her--and I saw True Grit with Heather Pool, which we both liked very much. We saw Inception in Mammoth, and both liked that OK, but not nearly as much as the Social Network, which was pretty darned good. Not good enough to make me into a regular Facebook user, but still... Tonight we're probably going to see the King's Speech, which has gotten rave reviews from our folks and friends out thisaway.

    ReplyDelete