Monday, December 6, 2010

This weekend Owen was sick...

So I took advantage of his non-alert status to revert back to my preferred state: laziness. Saturday was spent snoozing on the couch in the Snuggie Owen and I won by dominating the competition in "Apples to Apples" at this year's Poconos outing.
Please note all three cats in the photo - this was a first, and I obviously couldn't ruin this momentous occasion by getting up from the couch! They were all shocked at the general state of peace and calm, as the weekend soundtrack at 725 South Darien is normally a lovely melody composed of instruments such as a hammerdrill, a shopvac, and various people cursing.

5 comments:

  1. Great pic, Karen! Sounds like it was a great weekend for felines & humans alike. Sometimes you gots to step away from the hammerdrill and snug-it-up! What's this about the Poconos outing, and door prizes? We want a post about that trip, with pictures pleeze!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious. I covet your snuggie. Michal and I decided that you need pockets in that to carry around the kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pockets indeed.... to the tune of seven??

    And please forgive my husband... he doesn't remember going to the Poconos last year and WITNESSING the McCormick-Clancy utter domination in apples-to-apples!! I will never forget it. And I have just decided to make this picture of k and the kitties my screen saver at work, because it is nothing but complete awesomeness!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Riiiight...that was last year's snuggie...I guess all that wood smoke scoured my synapses of the memory. But wasn't there another Poconos outing this year? Am I just falling prey to one of those Matrix-like glitches where the black cat walks by twice?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heart this picture. Very. Much.

    ReplyDelete